February 24, 2012
With a unanimous vote of 12-0, the Overland Park City Council approved the Special Use Permit (SUP) allowing Overland Park Regional Medical Center the ability to move forward with a $120 million expansion. This SUP will allow us to update the existing facility and help us achieve these goals:
- Improve the patient experience by providing better quality of care to the community we serve.
- Offer all private patient rooms, increasing overall quality of care, improving the patient and family experience and decrease potential for infection and decrease errors.
- Reduce noise and offer the patients a peaceful physical and emotional healing environment.
- The evidence based design patient units will ensure you have a Healthy Work Environment, with plenty of space in which to work, supporting overall patient safety.
- Create SHOVEL READY, LOCAL construction jobs on DAY ONE because we are using LOCAL contractors.
- Add 125 new positions in the Overland Park community.
The approval of the SUP and our ability to move forward with construction plans, allows OPRMC to reinforce our commitment to the health of our community and long-term sustainability of our neighborhood, getting us one step closer to further enhancing the care and improvement of human life.