Advanced, compassionate care close to home.
When your child needs specialized care — beyond what a primary care physician can provide — you want exceptional expertise delivered in a caring, child-friendly environment. And you don’t want to wait to get the care your child needs.
That’s what you’ll find at the Pediatric Outpatient Services at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. Our clinics gives you and your child direct access to pediatric specialists, skilled nursing and support staff, and specialized pediatric medical services.
We’ll work closely with you, in partnership with your child’s primary care physician, to provide highly coordinated care tailored for your child’s specific needs. We’ll take the extra time to ensure you and your child know what to expect and that you have full input when creating a treatment plan.
Flexible scheduling, easy access and a convenient location in Johnson County, Kansas.
Our pediatric specialists and support staff know how to put sick children and their parents at ease. We’ll treat your child like our own. It’s our promise to you — and our personal and professional commitment. You can expect:
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians who are leaders in their specialties
- Flexible scheduling and a convenient location
- Easy access to all the resources of Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Established relationships with family practitioners and pediatric primary care physicians throughout the Kansas City region
Pediatric Inpatient Unit
Our Pediatric inpatient and intensive care services for children, includes a medical-surgical inpatient unit and pediatric ICU staffed by pediatric hospitalists and intensivists, as well as specialty physicians, all with pediatric specific training.
Child Life Staff creates a positive experience for families during their hospital stay. Our Child Life Staff is specially trained and certified to help children, adolescents and families understand and cope with illness, treatment and hospitalization. Our unit includes a playroom for patients and siblings.
Take a Tour
- Allergy Testing
- Food Sensitivities
- Immune System
- Treatment for Asthma, Chronic
- Allergy Shots
- Drug Allergy/Desensitization
- Frequent/Chronic Respiratory Infections
- Skin Allergies
- Urticaria and Sinusitis
- Abnormal Heart Rhythm
- Arrhythmia Disorders
- Cardiac Sports Evaluations
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Murmur
- Kawasaki Disease
- Turner Syndrome
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Chest Pain
- Electrophysiology Endocarditis
- Fetal Arrhythmia
- Heart Conditions in Athletes
- Marfan Syndrome
- Rheumatic Fever
- Williams Syndrome
Overland Park Regional Medical Center offers various non-invasive, diagnostic testing to all of our patients, such as electrocardiograms (ECG's), echocardiograms (echoes), electroencephalogram (EEG), Holter and event monitoring, treadmill stress testing, and stress-echocardiograms.
- Cutaneous Surgery in Children
- Laser of Vascular Birthmarks
- Pediatric and General Dermatology
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Child Anxiety
- Developmental evaluation including speech/language delay, delay in fine motor (hand use) or gross motor development (ability to walk and coordination)
- Developmental delay associated with sensory impairments
- Childhood Behavior Disorders
- Developmental Delay
- Global developmental delays
- Developmental assessment and follow up for high risk newborns
24/7 emergency care at three locations in Johnson County. Visit oprmc.com/er for locations and wait times.
Our outpatient laboratory provides inpatient and outpatient services for infant and pediatric patients of primary care physicians, pediatricians and the other physicians’ offices. We specialize in a broad range of laboratory tests, from routine analysis to more complex tests. The ultimate goal is to minimize multiple draws and redraws, while comforting the child.
No appointment necessary. Walk in hours are 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday – Sunday. Patients need to check in at the Information Desk in the main lobby of the hospital.
- CT or CAT Scan
- Radiographic X-rays
- Fluoroscopic X-rays
- Nuclear Medicine
General diagnostic X-ray is available from 7 a.m. -7 p.m., Monday – Sunday, no appointment necessary. Ultrasound, MRI and CT are by appointment only. Patients need to check in at the Information Desk in the main lobby of the hospital.
Our level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), is Johnson County’s most advanced NICU. Our team of neonatologists and perinatalogists provide family-centered, evidence-based medical care for very ill and premature infants. For more information, visit oprmc.com/nicu.
Your baby is ready to be at home with you, but still needs some special care and attention from a team of specialists. The Overland Park Regional Medical Center NICU Follow-Up Clinic provides transitional care from the NICU to a regular pediatrician.
Our team includes medical and developmental specialists who work with your pediatrician and other community providers. We carefully evaluate your baby and family’s needs on an ongoing basis to identify developmental needs as early as possible so we can provide the services and family support needed to make a lasting difference.
For health information and advice from registered nurses who are available 24/7, call (913) 541-5562.
Our occupational therapists provide interventions to children who have, or are at risk of having, developmental delays and are experiencing difficulties functioning in one or more areas of their lives. Occupational therapy may include facilitating performance of coordinated motor skills and/or use of the hands, as well as promoting skills for listening and following directions, self-regulation, social play, dressing, and grooming. Some other areas of focus may include helping children improve abstract reasoning, problem-solving, decision-making and perceptual skills, as well as memory, sequencing and motor planning. All of these skills are crucial for independent living and success across many environments.
We will work with your child’s primary care physician to provide rehabilitative services designed to restore mobility and decrease pain. Physical therapy may be indicated to further develop motor skills such as sitting, crawling, walking or balancing. Other issues that may be addressed are a loss of range of motion, flexibility, or strength, possibly due to injury, illness or surgery. Our physical therapists, with special training in pediatric medical conditions, will evaluate a patient’s specific needs and design a unique program to address functional deficits.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Comprehensive psychological assessment and interventions for children and adolescents
- Treat stressors such as a loss or sudden life change, to more pervasive mental health issues including anxiety, depression and other diagnosable psychological illnesses
Our experts treat communication challenges, both expressive and receptive, that cause children to have difficulty with verbal communication. In speech-language therapy, we will work with a child one-on-one, in a small group, or directly in a classroom to overcome difficulties involved with a specific disorder. Our therapists use a variety of strategies, including language intervention activities, articulation therapy and oral-motor/ feeding and swallowing therapy.
- ACL Surgery
- Certified Athletic Training Services
- Foot and Shoulder Surgery
- Impact Testing (Baseline Testing)
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sports and Vestibular Physical Therapy
- Cartilage and Ligament Repair
- Concussion Management
- Fracture Repair
- Joint, Knee, Meniscus and Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Sports Injury Education