Welcome to the Volunteer Department at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. We are excited you have taken the first step toward becoming a part of our team. As a volunteer, you will join a group of compassionate, friendly individuals dedicated to serving the patients and visitors in our community who walk through the doors of our hospital each day.
Volunteers serve in a variety of clinical and non-clinical areas. Best of all, volunteers provide “that special touch” of helpfulness and kindness for patients and their families.
New volunteer opportunities arise every day at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
- Age 16 or older.
- High school students who wish to be considered, must provide a minimum of one letter of recommendation.
- Background Check for anyone 18 years of age or older.
- No court ordered community service
- Minimum 4 hours a week, 6 months and 100 hours of service
- Read “Future Volunteer Letter” for additional information
We have many areas that use volunteers on a daily basis, including:
- Gift Shop
- Patient Care Units
- Outpatient Rehab
- Volunteer Office
New volunteers will attend a 90-minute orientation and will receive training from a staff member in the area you are assigned. A volunteer opportunity is waiting for you! Whatever you’re your special talents, skills or interests, we will match you to an interesting rewarding task. If you have the dedication and desire to work help others, we invite you to become a part of our team.