HCA Midwest Health "Patient Transfer" Access Center
Transfer a PatientThe right hospital.
The right service.
The right time.
The HCA Midwest Health Access Center features the latest in telecommunications technology and is staffed by RNs with backgrounds in emergency and critical care.
The Access Center will facilitate all patient transfers to our hospitals. Our team is available 24/7 and will handle every step of the transfer or admission. You make one call. We take it from there. Our team will:
- Locate the accepting physician
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing transportation
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Track transfer from time of call to patient arrival
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
The Access Center is also partnering with Research Psychiatric Center, on the campus of Research Medical Center, to engage tele-psychiatric assessment and transfer patients to an appropriate behavioral health facility.