Advanced electrophysiology services for irregular heartbeat
Do you experience a racing heart, a skipped beat or a flutter in your chest? These can be signs of an abnormal heart rhythm. If you have been experiencing these symptoms or your primary care doctor detects a heart murmur, you may need to see an electrophysiologist (EP doctor) – a cardiologist specializing in irregular heart rhythm – for testing and diagnosis.
The Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute (KCHRI) at Overland Park Regional Medical Center offers:
- World-class heart care right in your own backyard
- Compassionate and patient-focused care
- The most advanced technology and care driven by the latest research and resulting in the best possible outcomes
- A multi-disciplinary team approach – our electrophysiologists collaborate with heart surgeons, interventional cardiologists, heart failure cardiologists and imaging cardiologist to solve the most complex heart rhythm disorders
We also offer pediatric arrhythmia care at the Midwest Women’s and Children’s Specialty Group at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Conditions We Treat
Physicians with the Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center Heart and Vascular Institute, diagnose and treat all arrhythmia types and heart rhythm related conditions such as:
- Bradycardia (sinus node dysfunction, heart block)
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Atrial flutter
- Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) – Atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia (AVNRT), atrioventricular reentry tachycardia (AVRT), Atrial tachycardia (AT), Inappropriate sinus node tachycardia (IAST), Junctional ectopic tachycardia (JET)
- Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
- Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs)
- Adult congenital heart disease arrhythmias
- Inherited cardiac arrhythmias – Long QT, Brugada, Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy (HOCM), Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD), Catecholaminergic polymorphic VT
- Sudden cardiac arrest
- Heart Failure - cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmic myocarditis
Meet Our Electrophysiologists
The Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute at Overland Park Regional Medical Center is led by Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy, MD, FACC, FHRS. Dr. Lakkireddy is an internationally recognized leader in electrophysiology research and education. Our EP doctors are:
- Board Certified and fellows of ACC, HRS, APHRS, ESC, EHRA
- International experts advancing the field
- Prominent clinical researchers
- Leaders in arrhythmia education – Kansas City Heart Rhythm Symposium (KCHRS), International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage, Allied Professional Symposium, Fellows Boot Camp
- Invited speakers in several regional, national and international arrhythmia symposia
- Part of an International Electrophysiology Alliance – collaboration with Harvard, UCLA, UCSF, Mayo, Mount Sinai, TCAI, top leaders in China, Japan, Europe, South America and Australia. Our specialists have partnerships for research and patient education with electrophysiology centers all over the globe
We offer the latest tests, conveniently located in Overland Park, to accurately diagnose your heart rhythm disorder.
We offer cutting-edge treatment options and technology to treat all types of arrhythmia.