At Overland Park Regional Medical Center, our goal is to help you feel confident throughout your pregnancy and as ready for the big day as possible. That’s why we have Maternity Navigators—your advocate, guide and friend for your journey to parenthood.
We will pair you with your own Maternity Navigator—a labor and delivery nurse—who will regularly visit with you one-on-one to develop and walk through your unique pregnancy plan.
Our Maternity Navigators
Lisa Holk, RN
Lisa offers 14 years of experience as a labor and delivery nurse to her role as an OB Navigator. She serves as a guide, advocate and friend for expectant parents making the journey to parenthood. Lisa collaborates with parents-to-be from their very first visit to the hospital until they welcome their newest addition.
Danae Young, RN
Danae offers experience as a labor and delivery, triage, baby and antepartum nurse to her role as an OB Navigator. She is committed to collaborating with expectant parents, serving as a guide, advocate and friend as they make the journey to parenthood. Danae works closely with parents from the time of their very first hospital tour through all the stages of pregnancy and finally as they welcome their newest addition.
What is a Maternity Navigator?
To make the complicated more understandable
The overwhelming more manageable
And the overall healthcare experience more patient centered
You and your Maternity Navigator will:
- Get to know each other and understand services provided by Maternity Navigation
- Visit regularly throughout your pregnancy
- Download our free Childbirth 101 app
- Take a tour of the hospital
- Discuss what hospital amenities are important to you
- Create or review a birth plan
- Determine any risks or health factors that could impact your pregnancy
- Sign up for our Healthy Arrivals classes to help you prepare for childbirth, parenthood, multiples and more!
- Review your partner's role during labor and delivery
- Complete your pre-admission paperwork