Experienced, compassionate pediatric gastroenterologists in a warm, supportive environment – close-by, convenient and easily-accessible.
When you need a specialist for your child, a sense of comfort and confidence in your doctor is a critical part of the healthcare experience. Our gastroenterology team strives to provide that with every visit – an environment of trust and support with care delivered by highly-trained and skilled physicians.
Led by a board-certified, fellowship-trained children’s gastroenterologist, Overland Park Regional Medical Center’s Pediatric Gastroenterology Clinic, part of the Pediatric Specialty Clinic, offers comprehensive pediatric GI care for newborns, children and teens up to age 18. Our commitment is to provide the highest standard of gastroenterology care right in your community.
Care that’s easy to access and navigate
The stress of your child being ill is only compounded if the experience is filled with red tape and fragmented care. We understand that and each member of our team works hard to make your child’s care experience as smooth as possible for him or her and you.
- All of our services are in one single family-friendly clinic conveniently located next to Overland Park Regional Medical Center. This makes it especially easy for you to navigate your child’s care with convenient access to the diagnostic and treatment resources you need.
- Because all of our children’s specialists are in the same clinic location, it allows them to collaborate quickly and easily on individual cases. Communication becomes simple and streamlined – an advantage for anxious parents.
- Your child sees the same gastroenterologist whether in the clinic or hospital. We want you to get to know our staff, which builds a level of trust and comfort that you and your child need and deserve.
- We work with you to try and get your child in to be seen quickly when issues arise that necessitates fast care.
- Our office staff can help you understand your insurance coverage and is always happy to assist you.
A multispecialty approach to care
As part of Overland Park Regional Medical Center’s pediatric services, we approach each child’s care with an overall view of his or her health. This means frequent collaboration across specialties. Many of our youngest patients, born in Overland Park Regional Medical Center’s level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) have multiple issues, so our gastroenterology team works closely with NICU professionals to ensure the best possible care for these little ones who may have nutrition or feeding issues. Our pediatric ER, is Johnson County’s only ER to include a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Our pediatric gastroenterologist, offers experience and expertise in inflammatory bowel disease, a painful condition which causes inflammation in the intestines, and motility disorders, where the muscles and nerves in the GI tract aren’t working together correctly. We offer the latest therapies for these conditions. Other conditions we specialize in include, constipation, eating disorders and feeding difficulties.
Conditions we treat
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Liver disease
- Chronic or severe diarrhea
- Nutritional problems (including malnutrition, failure to thrive, and obesity)
- Lactose intolerance
- Severe or complicated gastroesophageal reflux disease (reflux or GERD)
- Short bowel syndrome
- Acute or chronic abdominal pain
- Chronic constipation
- Pancreatic insufficiency (including cystic fibrosis) and pancreatitis
- Feeding disorders
Common procedures performed
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD)
- Polypectomy (removal of polyps)
- Balloon dilation
- Endoscopic bleeding therapy
- Esophageal Manometry,
- Ph Probe Studies for acid reflux
- Capsule endoscopy